Office error code 30068-4 is an error that usually occurs while installing and updating the Microsoft office. It may be due to network or firewall restrictions. To fix this error code, try to disable the firewall on your system during the installation process of Office. The error message pops up stating that “Something went wrong – Sorry, we ran into a problem”.
Reasons for the Error code 30068-4
Some of the most common reasons for the occurrence of this error code are:
- System files corruption,
- Missing registry keys,
- Incomplete uninstallations of previous versions of Office, and
- Other programs having issues while Office is being installed
How to Fix the Microsoft Error code 30068-4?
Run SFC Scan
To perform an SFC Scan
Firstly, click on the start button and type “cmd”
After that, open “Command Prompt
window” and type “SFC/SCANNOW
” press Enter
Disable Firewall and Antivirus for Error Code 30068-4
To fix this, try disabling the firewall on your system during the process of installation.
Steps to disable the firewall:
- Firstly, click on Start and open Settings option.
- After that, in Privacy & security option, go to Windows Security and
- Then, click on Firewall & network protection.
- Finally, switch the setting to On.
Steps to disable the Antivirus:
- Firstly, click on the Start menu and go to the Control Panel option
- In Category view,
- Select System and Security > Security and Maintenance, and
- In Large icons or Small icons view,
- Select Security and Maintenance.
Use DISM Tool
DISM will check if there are any corruptions within the local image but doesn’t perform any repairs.
To do this,
- Firstly, search for Command Prompt, right-click and select Run as administrator.
- Type the command as DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth and press Enter
Delete the Office Registry Subkeys
- Firstly, Open Command Prompt, type RegEdit and press enter.
- After this, go to the key hives of Microsoft Office,
- Finally, restart your computer to make the change take effect.
If you have problem in doing this method, we advise you to choose a Technical Support from us to help you better.
In addition, you can check the reviews of Assured assist from your friends and family.
I am sure any disaster that would have happened for few are due to their system hardware dependencies
Finally, we give you assurance about your money and the service. If you like to see the procedure for a paid support, you may ask the Tech available online here on this page.